Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blog Assignment 4




Principle: 4. I will help parents and other family members recognize their strengths and work with them to set goals for themselves, their children, and others.

Working at Van Dyk Manor nursing home, it is very important to work with the families and understand their strengths and work that help them with their loved ones. Recognizing family’s strengths and work will help cooperation, family growth and unison within the family itself. Not only do professionals work with their loved ones, but family is the number one key to maintaining a balanced relationship along with professionals to help their loved ones in all the ways that they can.
This principle is important for protecting and respecting my internship population, because it is my job and the professional’s job to help the residents of Van Dyk Manor feel comfortable and help them with all their needs that are related to their health and personal lifestyle. Being help to help family members will encourage a better atmosphere for their loved one at the nursing home.

Principle: 7 I will communicate respectfully and clearly with all family members.

In the field I am currently interning at, which is Van Dyk Manor, being able to communicate respectfully and clearly with all family members to make sure the family feels safe and comfortable with me to have the sense that their loved ones are being treated fairly and respectfully as well. Effective communication is a main key in keeping healthy relationships by fixing them and resolving them. This will enhance communication between myself and the family members about the care of their loved one.
This principle is important for protecting and respecting my internship population, because I will be able to understand how family members  are feeling and be able to help them I any possible way that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment